DVD - 2006
It's 1963, a time in the United States when life was simple, straightforward and the lines between the sexes and sex roles were crisply drawn and severely delineated. Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist find themselves thrown together when they are hired to tend sheep in the remote area of Brokeback Mountain, Wyoming. Because of the job, the two are forced to spend many hours together alone in the wild. Ennis and Jack are inexorably drawn to each other through their proximity, loneliness and through a shared lack of tenderness and emotion in their lives and are emotionally, physically and psychically bonded to each other almost from the start.
- Feature films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Universal City, CA :
Focus Features : Distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment
- Other Authors
- , , ,
- Widescreen ed
- Item Description
- Videodisc release of the 2005 motion picture.
Based on the short story by Annie Proulx.
Special features: directing from the heart: Ang Lee; From script to screen: interviews with Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana; sharing the story: the making of Brokeback Mountain.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD)(ca. 135 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital.
- MPAA rating: R; for sexuality, nudity, language and some violence.
- Golden Globes, USA, 2006: Golden Globe - Best Director - Motion Picture (Ang Lee); Best Motion Picture - Drama; Best Original Song - Motion Picture (Gustavo Santaolalla (music), Bernie Taupin (lyrics)); Best Screenplay - Motion Pictures (Larry McMurtry, Diana Ossana).
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Rodrigo Prieto ; art director, Laura Ballinger ; editors, Geraldine Peroni, Dylan Tichenor ; music, Gustavo Santaolalla ; costume designer, Marit Allen ; production designer, Judy Becker.