Broadway The American musical
DVD - 2004
This is the first comprehensive documentary series to chronicle the entire razzle-dazzle history of this unique American art form. Each episode chronicles a different era in American history, and features the Broadway shows and songs that defined the period. The series draws on a wealth of feature films, rare television moments, archive news footage, original cast recordings, still photos, diaries, journals, intimate first person accounts, and on-camera interviews with many of the principals inv...olved in creating the American musical.
2nd Floor Show me where
Hollywood, Calif. :
Paramount : Distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment
- Physical Description
- 3 v. (DVD)(1 videodisc per volume)(ca. 360 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Other Authors
- , , , , ,
- v. 1: Disc one (ca. 2 hrs.). Episode one: Give my regards to Broadway (1893-19274) ; episode two: Syncopated city (1920-1933)
- v. 2: Disc two (ca. 2 hrs). episode three: I got plenty of nuttin' (1929-1942) ; episode four: Oh, what a beautiful mornin' (1943-1960)
- v. 3: Disc three (ca. 2 hrs.). episode five: Tradition (1957-1979) ; episode six: Putting it together (1980-2004).