DVD - 2001
It's the opportunity of a lifetime when teenage reporter William Miller lands an assignment from Rolling Stone magazine. Despite the objections of his protective mother, William hits the road with an up-and-coming rock band and finds there's a lot more to write home about than the music.
- Comedy films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Universal City, CA :
DreamWorks Home Entertainment
- Item Description
- Originally released as motion picture in 2000.
Special features: "The making of Almost famous" featurette ; production notes ; cast and crew boigraphies ; theatrical trailers ; the Rolling stone articles ; Fever dog music video.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD) (123 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- DTS 5.1 surround, Dolby digital 5.1 surround, Dolby 2.0 surround; anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1).
- MPAA rated R.
- Golden Globes: Best picture (comedy/musical), Best supporting actress (Hudson); Academy Award: Best writing.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, John Toll; editors, Joe Hutshing, Saar Klein; music supervisor, Danny Bramson; score, Nancy Wilson.
- Other Authors