Unexplained history What historians still don't understand
Streaming video - 2021
One Day University presents a series of video lectures recorded in real-time from some of the top minds in the United States. Given by award-winning professors and experts in their field, these recorded lectures dive deep into the worlds of religion, government, literature, and social justice. Despite what the song Wonderful World says, there's a lot we know about history. But there are still some pretty big gaps in our knowledge, for the simple reason that a lot of information about the pa...st gets lost over time. Wars, fires, floods, deliberate destruction, or just plain carelessness-all of these factors and more contribute to some pretty fascinating historical mysteries. Together, we'll discuss the latest reliable evidence and theories for some major events, people, and buildings that fascinate all of us. Who were the first Americans, and when-and how-did they arrive? How on earth did Stonehenge get built? What did Cleopatra look like? What caused the Salem witchcraft outbreak of 1692? All of these, and more, will be examined during this fun and fascinating talk.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Online Access
- Instantly available on hoopla.
[United States] :
Dreamscape Media, LLC
- Physical Description
- 1 online resource (1 video file (approximately 70 min.)) : sd., col
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Not rated.
- Production Credits
- Directed by One Day University.
- AVAILABLE FOR USE ONLY BY IOWA CITY AND RESIDENTS OF THE CONTRACTING GOVERNMENTS OF JOHNSON COUNTY, UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, HILLS, AND LONE TREE (IA).
- Main Author
- Corporate Author