Up from slavery Season 1. Season 1.
Streaming video - 2011
In 1860, as the American Experiment threatened to explode into a bloody civil war, there were as many as four hundred thousand slave-owners in the United States, and almost four million slaves. The nation was founded upon the idea that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The nation would pay a bloody cost for denying that right to more than twelve percent of its population.
- Online Access
- Instantly available on hoopla.
[United States] :
Mill Creek Entertainment
- Physical Description
- 1 online resource (7 video files (approximately 318 min.)) : sd., col
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Rated TVPG.
- AVAILABLE FOR USE ONLY BY IOWA CITY AND RESIDENTS OF THE CONTRACTING GOVERNMENTS OF JOHNSON COUNTY, UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, HILLS, AND LONE TREE (IA).
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , , ,
- Episode 1
- 1619 Virginia - The First African Slaves Arrive
- Episode 2
- 18th Century Colonial America and Slavery Under the Rule of the British Empire
- Episode 3
- Slavery in the United States After the Revolution
- Episode 4
- Nat Turner's Rebellion
- Episode 5
- Abolition from the North Grows
- Episode 6
- The Civil War. Emancipation Proclamation
- Episode 7
- Aftermath of the Civil War and New "Freedom".