Preventable The inside story of how leadership failures, politics, and selfishness doomed the U.S. Coronavirus response
Book - 2021
The former head of Obamacare presents an inside account of the US's failed response to the Coronavirus pandemic, chronicling what he saw and how much could have been prevented, and investigating the cultural, political and economic drivers that led to unnecessary loss of life.
New York :
St. Martins Press
- First edition
- Physical Description
- xvii, 315 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 261-301) and index.
- Main Author
- Is this really happening?
- Unexploded bombs
- Waking up late
- The virus and the White House, Part I
- The virus and the White House, Part II
- Trump eats the marshmallow
- No one left in charge but the virus
- The room service pandemic
- The folly of the free market pandemic
- Anti-expert, pro-magic
- Deniers, Fauxers, and herders (oh my)
- The work to do
- Afterword: what happened next.