Making grateful kids The science of building character
Book - 2014
"Froh and Bono introduce their latest and most compelling research, announce groundbreaking findings, and share real-life stories from adults and youth to show parents, teachers, mentors, and kids themselves how to achieve greater life satisfaction through gratitude. Most importantly perhaps, they expand on this groundbreaking research to offer practical and effective common-sense plans that can be used in day-to-day interactions between kids and adults to enhance success and wellbeing. The...ir unique, scientifically-based approach for producing grateful youth works whether these kids are very young elementary school students or troubled teenagers. Not only does the purposeful practice of gratitude increase their happiness, but the research indicates that grateful kids also report more self-discipline, fulfilling relationships, and engagement with their schools and communities when compared to their less grateful counterparts."--Publisher description.
|2nd Floor||649.7/Froh||Checked In|
- Online Access
- Table of contents
Contributor biographical information
West Conshohocken, PA :
- Physical Description
- 274 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-262) and index.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Introduction: what drives a child who thrives?
- Orienting your family toward gratitude
- Raising grateful children from the beginning
- growing gratitude one goal at a time
- Building strengths and resilience by staying positive and learning to cope
- Valuing others develops character and gratitude
- Dealing with consumerism, media, and materialism
- Nurturing relationships
- Developing community, connection, and a sense of purpose
- How the world could be with Generation G.