Business boutique A woman's guide for making money doing what she loves
Book - 2017
"More women than ever are starting businesses -- side businesses, home-based businesses, hobby businesses and small businesses," says Wright. "With increasing social media platforms and online tools, it's never been easier. But there are also many challenges and questions that come along with starting a business. By giving these women a step-by-step plan, they're able to take the guesswork out of running a business and have the confidence to make money doing what they lo...ve." In Business Boutique, Wright shares her four-tiered plan that makes business concepts easy to understand and implement. She speaks to proven principles on marketing, selling and social media, and she addresses more complex issues like taxes, copyrights and personnel. And with many women working from home, Wright offers practical advice for establishing boundaries and finding the balance between work and family. In each chapter, Wright gives women tactical steps that allow them to create their own, customized step-by-step business plan. - Publisher.
- Handbooks and manuals
Brentwood, Tennessee :
- Physical Description
- xxi, 308 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 303-308).
- Main Author
- It all starts with a story: finding your motivation
- Fear is normal : overcoming doubt and eliminating excuses
- A plan to win : building a business to last
- Why matters : why you do it affects how you do it
- Permission to dream : creating a vision for where you want to go
- From dreaming to doing : setting goals that get you there
- Play to your strengths : building your business around your life
- The love-hate relationship with money : your guilt-free guide for making more and stressing less
- Make the most of your resources : planning your money, time, schedule and space
- The follow-through : figuring out the operational side of things
- Best business practices : running our business like pro
- How to make money at this : understanding profits, pricing, and paying yourself
- The business side of things : breaking through the boring stuff
- Marketing your business : four things you need to know to make an impact
- The story you're telling : reaching the right people the right way
- Making the sale : how to promote your business without being pushy
- Take it to the next level : growing, scaling and expanding your business
- The balancing act : how to build your business and still have a life
- You've got this!
Wright plays on the "duh" factor: more and more Americans are (a) deciding to start a business or freelance and (b) many—if not the majority—are women. Her experience, in parts, sets the foundation for beginning commerce, a platform that can be used for both sexes. Everything she explains is based on good common sense. The four tiers—build your foundation, make it yours, get up and running, put yourself out there—are critical to designing and executing a successful plan. Exercises or action items at the end of each chapter prompt readers to go forward, advocating work on what's been learned, from figuring out the why to defining who you and your customers are for a marketing campaign. Stories help further her principles, like the tale of renting a farm-cum-stable to feed her love of horses. Is the advice somewhat simplistic? Yes. On the other hand, if it motivates and inspires, add this to the list of business-coaching titles. Copyright 2017 Booklist Reviews.
Business Boutique is a life-changing handbook from the heart of Christy Wright, creator of the Business Boutique movement. It offers a step-by-step plan to take the ideas in your head and turn them into a business that brings some serious income.Stop treating your desires and gifts like an afterthought and start chasing your dreams! Business Boutique will show you how to:Create a customized plan to start and grow your businessManage your time so you can have a business'and life'you loveSimplify the overwhelming business stuff like pricing, taxes and budgetingMarket to the right people the right waySell with confidenceReview by Publisher Summary 2
Business Boutique is a life-changing handbook from the heart of Christy Wright, creator of the Business Boutique movement. It offers a step-by-step plan to take the ideas in your head and turn them into a business that brings some serious income.Stop treating your desires and gifts like an afterthought and start chasing your dreams! Business Boutique will show you how to:Create a customized plan to start and grow your businessManage your time so you can have a business—and life—you loveSimplify the overwhelming business stuff like pricing, taxes and budgetingMarket to the right people the right waySell with confidence