The first dinosaur How science solved the greatest mystery on earth
Book - 2019
"Dinosaurs existed. That's a fact we accept today. But not so long ago, the concept that these giant creatures could have roamed Earth millions of years before humans was unfathomable. People thought what we know as dinosaur bones were the bones of giant humans. Of large elephants. Of angels, even. So, how did we get from angel wings to the T-Rex? The First Dinosaur tells the story of the idea of dinosaurs, and the chain of fossil discoveries and advances in science that led to that id...ea. Be prepared to meet eccentric men and overlooked women who uncovered the pieces to a puzzle so much bigger than themselves, a puzzle far stranger and more spectacular than they could have ever imagined"--
- Instructional and educational works
New York :
Margaret K. McElderry Books
- First edition
- Physical Description
- 220 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Ages 10 up.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -210) and index.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- The making of a Megalosaurus fossil
- Touching the elephant
- The scalpel and the microscope
- The collectors
- The world makers
- The map of time
- The dragon hunters
- The lost world
- The night of two monsters and the great éclat
- The first dinosaur.