Smithsonian American women Remarkable objects and stories of strength, ingenuity, and vision from the National Collection
Book - 2019
"A unique, panoramic look at women's history in the United States through the lens of ordinary objects from, by, and for extraordinary women. Featuring more than 280 artifacts from 16 Smithsonian museums and archives, and more than 135 essays from 95 Smithsonian authors, this book tells women's history as only the Smithsonian can."--
Washington, DC :
- Other Authors
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- 248 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- 1600-1864. Tradition and resistance in a young nation
- 1865-1920. The road to reform
- 1921-1948. The rise of the modern woman
- 1949-1967. Boycotts, sit-ins, and civil unrest
- 1968-2019. Breakthroughs and backlash.