The feminism book
Book - 2019
"Combines authoritative text with graphics and quotes from leading contributors in an introduction to more than eighty-five of the most important ideas, movements, and events that have defined feminism and feminist thought throughout history. Using the Big Ideas series' trademark combination of authoritative, accessible text and bold graphics, this book traces feminism and the feminist movement from its origins, through the suffragette movement of the 19th century, to recent developmen...ts such as the Everyday Sexism Project and the #MeToo movement. Entries explore and explain each idea, placing them in their social and cultural context. Packed with inspirational quotations, profiles of key individuals and turning points, and flowcharts and infographics explaining the most significant concepts clearly and simply, The Feminism Book is perfect for anyone with an interest in female empowerment." --Source of summary not specified.
- Big ideas simply explained.
New York, New York :
- First American edition
- Physical Description
- 352 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Includes index.
- Other Authors
- , , , , , , ,
- The birth of feminism, 18th-early 19th century
- The struggle for equal rights, 1840-1944
- The personal is political, 1945-1979
- The politics of difference, 1980s
- A new wave emerges, 1990-2010
- Fighting sexism in the modern day, 2010 onward.