Timeless Nature's formula for health and longevity
Book - 2018
Few prejudices in Western society are more powerful than those concerning aging. Until recently, we have assumed that the story of aging is one of loss and decline. But there's an entirely different truth. Yes, you can teach an old dog--or even a sort-of-old dog--new tricks. Is there a secret to staying young? It turns out that there are many, and they all begin with nurturing our existing relationships to foster brain health, keeping us happier and healthier. As readers of this book will l...earn, wisdom, enhanced social relationships, greater adaptation and flexibility (mental, if not physical!)--all these things can be attained as we grow older. Filled with both practical and thought-provoking suggestions, this book is a must-read for anyone who wants to age in style.
New York :
W.W. Norton & Company
- Item Description
- "Previous edition published under the title The healthy aging brain: sustaining attachment, attaining wisdom"--Title page verso.
- Physical Description
- vii, 351 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Main Author
- Part one: Building the social brain
- Our social brains
- Connecting to others
- Sustaining the social brain: a new look
- Part two: The social brain across the life span
- The life of the brain
- Growth and adaptation
- Two brains: many possibilities
- Part three: Attachment and wisdom
- The emergence of wisdom and compassion
- The maturation of emotion
- Challenges to wisdom
- Stories as nurturance
- Part four: Body and soul
- Nurturing your body
- Nurturing relationships
- Compassion in action
- Optimal challenge and maximum inclusion.