New York :
- First American edition
- Item Description
- Statement of responsibility taken from the lower sections of the second and third pages of the Table of Contents.
- Physical Description
- 255 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , , ,
- Money Basics. The evolution of money
- Profit-Making and Financial Institutions. Corporate accounting ; Financial instruments ; Financial markets ; Financial institutions
- Government Finance and Public Money. The money supply ; Managing state finance ; Attempting control ; Why governments fail financially
- Personal Finance. Worth, wealth, and income ; Investments for income ; Wealth-building investments ; Managing investments ; Pensions and retirement ; Debt ; Money in the digital age
- Money in the US.
Taking a highly visual approach, a user-friendly guide to understanding key financial concepts explains personal, governmental and business finances; defines hundreds of terms; and provides the essential basics of financial systems.Review by Publisher Summary 2
It makes the world go round, but money can truly be an enigma. DK’s visual approach breaks new ground. In graphics, charts, and diagrams, How Money Works demystifies processes and answers the hundreds of financial questions we all have.Money facilitates the billions of transactions that take place every day across the globe. Using ‘need to know’ boxes, step-by-step diagrams, and other eye-catching visuals, How Money Works shows you how this is possible. It explains economic theories, how governments raise and control money, what goes on in the stock exchange, how analysts predict where shares are heading, and many other issues. It busts jargon, explaining terms such as quantitative easing, cash flow, bonds, superannuation, and the open market.Our forefathers may have used simple bartering to exchange goods and services, but today we depend on complicated financial instruments for pensions, life assurance, mortgages, and more. How Money Works explains how these work, as well as how to avoid on-line fraud and where to invest. With information on the latest forms of funding and currencies such as Bitcoin, this comprehensive book will fast track you to financial literacy and getting the most from your hard-won cash.