Book - 2017
A primer for everyday people who are interested in algorithms and how they impact our digital lives. Based on the fact that we already live in a world where algorithms are behind most of the technology we use, this book offers eye-opening information on the pervasiveness and importance of this mathematical science -- how it plays out in our everyday digestion of news and entertainment, as well as in its influence on our social interactions and consumerism. Readers even learn how to program an al...gorithm using Python. --Publsiher's description.
|2nd Floor||005.1/Mueller||Due Dec 19, 2022|
- --For dummies.
Hoboken, New Jersey :
John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- xii, 418 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Getting started. Introducing algorithms ; Considering algorithm design ; Using python to work with algorithms ; Introducing python for algorithm programming ; Performing essential data manipulations using python
- Understanding the need to sort and search. Structuring data ; Arranging and searching data
- Exploring the world of graphs. Understanding graph basics ; Reconnecting the dots ; Discovering graph secrets ; Getting the right web page
- Struggling with big data. Managing big data ; Parallelizing operations ; Compressing data
- Challenging difficult problems. Working with greedy algorithms ; Relying on dynamic programming ; Using randomized algorithms ; Performing local serach ; Employing linear programming ; Considering heuristics
- The part of tens. Ten algorithms that are changing the world ; Ten algorithmic problems yet to solve.
No reviews were found for this record.