Breaking vegan One woman's journey from veganism, extreme dieting, and orthorexia to a more balanced life
Book - 2016
"In Breaking Vegan, Jordan reveals how veganism and obsessive "healthy" dieting eventually led her to a diagnosis of orthorexia, or a focus on healthy food that involves other emotional factors and ultimately becomes dysfunctional, even dangerous. In candid detail, Jordan shares what it was like to leave veganism (and experience a vicious backlash from the vegan community that once embraced her) and how she ultimately found her way to recovery. In addition to this, Jordan outlines... an "anti-diet," whole-foods-based eating plan featuring more than 25 recipes to help inspire others to find similar balance in their own lives,"--Amazon.com.
This item has been withdrawn.
Beverly, Massachusetts :
- Item Description
- "Includes a whole-foods eating plan + recipes"--Cover.
- Physical Description
- 208 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Main Author
- Foreword by Steven Bratman, M.D., M.P.H.
- My Story: Veganism, Orthorexia & Everything in Between
- 1: Diaries of an Extreme-a-holic
- 2: My Vegan Love Affair
- 3: No One Pland to Develop an Eating Disorder
- 4: Serrated Knives & the Birth of the Blonde Vegan
- 5: Making NYC My Home (a.k.a. NYC Whole Foods Tour)
- 6: The Holidays: An Orthorexic's Worst Nightmare
- 7: Juice Cleansing & The Raw Vegan Life
- 8: Down the Rabbit Hole
- 9: What Is the Point?
- 10: The Wake-Up Calls
- 11: Getting Help & Coming Clean
- 12: What's Going On with Me?
- 13: REAL Sugar, What?!
- 14: Living with My Extremes & Moving Forward
- The Balance Guide: Living & Eating Well
- 15: The Balanced Lifestyle Guide
- 16: The Balanced Recipe Guide
- 17: The Balanced Wrap-Up
- About the Author.