- --For dummies.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- 5th edition
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- xiv, 314 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Main Author
- Getting started with grant writing. Grant writing 101 ; Thinking strategically to improve your odds of success ; Arming yourself with the knowledge of what funders want
- Digging up grant funding opportunities. Investigating the government options ; Exploring grants.gov ; Researching potential private sector funders ; Finding grant monies for individuals and businesses ; Seeking funds for international projects
- Maximizing your chances of scoring a grant award. Assessing federal grant opportunities for your agency ; Peering into the peer review process ; Selling your grant application with storytelling
- Writing to win. Proviging supporting documentation ; Documenting your organization's history and capabilities ; Building a strong statement of need ; Presenting the program design section: the core of your application ; Managing the management and assets ; Connecting the solutions to the budget request line items
- Submitting your application and navigating what comes next. Checking the checklist and the content ; Taking the necessary steps after applying ; Moving forward after a win or a rejection ; Securing matching funds and other goodies from corporations
- The part of tens. Ten reputation-building tricks ; Ten ways to prove you're an ethical grant writer ; Ten ways to secure peer review opportunities.
Provides information on grant writing, covering such topics as identifying key grant makers worldwide, playing and winning the grant games, writing a competitive application, and increasing the funding success rates.Review by Publisher Summary 2
Learn to:Navigate federal grant databases and apply online for grantsFind the most current public and private sector grant opportunitiesCreate strong statements of needSubmit applications that meet funders’ expectationsYour comprehensive guide to finding and winning grant moniesGrant writing can be quite daunting, but this complete guide provides you with everything you need to get started with your application right away! Use this resource, including new and updated material, to move through the entire grant-writing process and apply for some of the billions of dollars available from public and private sector sources.Grant writing 101 — get an easy-to-understand introduction to the ins and outs of grants, including who funds them and how to receive themKnow what funders want — discover the many grant-making organizations throughout the world and how to tailor your message to what your prospects expectTug on reviewers’ heartstrings — find out how to tell your story so peer reviewers award your application the maximum number of pointsThe write stuff — explore writing techniques to create powerful, successful applications and proposals that convey your need for grant fundingGo online and find templates for request letters, executive summaries, logic models, budget summary tables, and moreOpen the book and find:How to connect with grant-making agenciesWhat goes into a grant submissionHow to build a great funding planAn overview of the peer review processA helpful checklist to make sure all the pieces are in placeHow to navigate federal grant websitesCompelling words to use in applicationsAdvice on requesting matching funds and other items