Miracles and massacres True and untold stories of the making of America
Sound recording - 2013
History is about so much more than memorizing facts. It is, as more than half of the word suggests, about the story. And, told in the right way, it is the greatest one ever written: Good and evil, triumph and tragedy, despicable acts of barbarism and courageous acts of heroism.
New York, N.Y. :
New York, N.Y. : Simon & Schuster Audio p2013.
Holland, Ohio : Repackaged by Midwest Tape
- Physical Description
- 8 audio discs (approximately 10 hours) : digital ; 4 3/4 in
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- Jack Jouette : the ride that saved America
- Shays' Rebellion : a loud and solemn lesson
- The Virginia Convention : compromising for the Constitution
- The Barbary Wars : a steep price for peace
- Edison vs. Westinghouse : an epic struggle for power
- The Battle of Wounded Knee : medals of dishonor
- Easy Eddie & the hard road to redemption
- The saboteurs : in a time a war, the laws are silent
- Who is Tokyo Rose?
- The Battle of Athens : repeated petitions, repeated injuries
- The My Lai Massacre : a light in the darkness
- The missing 9/11 terrorist : the power of everyday heroes.
Details some of the little-known stories from American history that explain the American identity and where the country is headed in the future.Review by Publisher Summary 2
History as it's supposed to be told: true and thrilling.History is about so much more than memorizing facts. It is, as more than half of the word suggests, about the story. And, told in the right way, it is the greatest one ever written: Good and evil, triumph and tragedy, despicable acts of barbarism and courageous acts of heroism.The things you&;ve never learned about our past will shock you. The reason why gun control is so important to government elites can be found in a story about Athens that no one dares teach. Not the city in ancient Greece, but the one in 1946 Tennessee. The power of an individual who trusts his gut can be found in the story of the man who stopped the twentieth hijacker from being part of 9/11. And a lesson on what happens when an all-powerful president is in need of positive headlines is revealed in a story about eight saboteurs who invaded America during World War II.Miracles and Massacres is history as you&;ve never heard it told. It&;s incredible events that you never knew existed. And it&;s stories so important and relevant to today that you won&;t have to ask, Why didn&;t they teach me this? You will instantly know. If the truth shall set you free, then your freedom begins on page one of this book. By the end, your understanding of the lies and half-truths you&;ve been taught may change, but your perception of who we are as Americans and where our country is headed definitely will.