The art of teaching Best practices from a master educator
DVD - 2010
These lectures will help develop and enhance teaching style; provide methods, tools and advice for handling different teaching scenarios and provide insight into how other teachers think about their profession. Concepts include lecturing, presenting, leading discussion groups, using technologies and using creativity and innovation.
- Great courses
Chantilly, VA :
The Teaching Company
- Item Description
- "Course No. 2044."
24 lectures, ca. 30 min. each, 6 lectures per DVD.
- Physical Description
- 4 videodiscs (approximately 12 hrs.) : sound, colour. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebook (81 p. ; 19 cm.)
- Not rated.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- disc 1. Successful teaching
- Broad range of learners
- Starting out right
- The teacher's persona
- Planning the work
- Tht teacher-student relationship
- disc 2. Dynamic lecturing
- Teaching with PowerPoint
- Demonstrations, old and new
- Teaching the critical skills
- Engaging with discussion, pt.1
- Engaging with discussion, pt.2
- disc 3. Cogent thinking and effective writing
- Teaching revision and editing
- Coaching students on presentation skills
- One-on-one teaching
- The learner's perspective
- Exams, evaluation, and feedback
- disc 4. Maintaining your enthusiasm
- Managing the challenges of teaching
- Creativity and innovation
- Myths, lies, and half-truths
- The anatomy of a great teacher
- Teaching and civilization.