The encyclopedia of herbs A comprehensive reference to herbs of flavor and fragrance
Book - 2009
"This meticulously researched compendium provides every aspect of growing, identifying, harvesting, preserving, and using more than 500 species of herbs. Thorough profiles provide a plant's botanical name and family, whether it is an annual or perennial, its height, hardiness, light requirements, water consumption, required soil type, and pH. The often fascinating history of the plant, the chemistry of its essential oils, and its culinary, landscape, and craft uses are also included, a...s is advice on how to propagate. For the first edition of their work, both authors received The Gertrude B. Foster Award for Excellence in Herbal Literature from the Herb Society of America. This new edition adds important species and includes updated nomenclature." --NHBS Environment Bookstore.
- [New ed.]
- Item Description
- Earlier edition published as: The big book of herbs : a comprehensive illustrated reference to herbs of flavor and fragrance / Arthur O. Tucker and Thomas DeBaggio. Loveland, Colo. : Interweave Press, c2000.
- Physical Description
- 604 p. : ill. ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Plant identification
- What's in a name?
- The flavors and fragrances of herbs
- How to maximize flavor and fragrance
- How to create the best growing conditions
- Container cultivation
- Propagation and planting
- Keeping herbs healthy
- The harvest
- Herb profiles.