The devil and Daniel Johnston
DVD - 2006
The turbulent life of a genius musician battling manic depression. A favorite with artists such as Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Beck, and many others, the singer-songwriter-artist Daniel Johnston is viewed through his art and interviews, and in the eyes of his fans.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Culver City, Calif. :
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Item Description
- Originally released as a documentary film in 2005.
Title from container.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD)(ca. 110 min.) : anamorphic, sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1, widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround ; mastered in high definition.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for thematic elements, drug content, and language including a sexual reference.
- Sundance Film Festival, 2005: Director's Award - Documentary (Jeff Feuerzeig).
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Fortunato Procopio ; editor, Tyler Hubby.
- Other Authors
Biography of Daniel Johnston a singer, songwriter, and artist suffereing from bi-polar disorder.