DVD - 2004
A documentary exploration of the subculture of New York's young graffiti writers and breakdancers, showing their activities and aspirations and the social and aesthetic controversies surrounding New York graffiti. Dramatizes conflicts between graffitists and the city, as well as among the graffitists themselves.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Los Angeles, CA :
Public Art Films
- Full screen
- Item Description
- Originally produced as motion picture in 1983.
Special features: original outtake footage ; feature commentary by Tony Silver and Henry Chalfant ; interview with Tony Silver, Henry Chalfant ; interview with editors Victor Kanefsky, Sam Pollard ; 32 artist galleries ; tributes to Dondi and Shy 147 ; guest interviews ; "Destroy all lines" (30 min. loop of over 200 whole cars and burners) ; music from Def Jux recording artists El-P, RJD2 and Aesop Rock, plus Mr. Wiggles, Kimson "Angola-Red" Albert, Darryl Jenifer.
- Physical Description
- 2 videodiscs (70 min.) : sound, colour, with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in
- 5.1 Dolby.
- Production Credits
- Photography, Burleigh Wartes ; editors, Sam Pollard, Mary Alfieri, Victor Kanefsky.
- Other Authors
- disc 1. The film/The filmmakers
- disc 2. Hall of fame.